APPLE MACBOOK PRO
Due to the recall of certain Apple MacBook Pro laptops and possible risks associated with faulty batteries, Rex has implemented a ban on all Apple MacBook laptops from being carried in check-in baggage.
All Apple MacBook laptops must be carried in cabin baggage only.
Passengers on all fares (except Rex Flex) are permitted a 15 kilogram free baggage allowance.
Passengers in possession of a Rex Flex Fare are permitted 23 kilogram free baggage allowance.
Upon presentation of a valid international itinerary or ticket, passengers with international connections within 24 hours of their Rex flight are permitted 23 kilograms free baggage allowance.
BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE TABLE
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT BAGGAGE
Each passenger occupying a paid seat is entitled to cabin baggage. Baggage, including overnight bags, briefcases, personal computers, ladies' vanity cases, large size cameras etc. taken into the cabin as cabin baggage is subject to the conditions set out in the Baggage Allowance Table. Items which exceed these allowances are not permitted into the aircraft cabin.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Passengers that are unsure if their cabin baggage exceeds cabin baggage limits should approach Rex staff to get them tested BEFORE check-in closes so we are able to check in the bags if necessary. Passengers with baggage exceeding cabin limits at the boarding gate will have their baggage offloaded. Baggage will be treated as checked baggage and only be uplifted on the next available flight and it is the passenger’s responsibility to collect these bags from the airport when they arrive.
Excess baggage fees will also be levied if total checked baggage including offloaded cabin baggage exceeds the passenger’s checked baggage limit.
The following articles may be carried on board the plane by a passenger, over and above their cabin baggage allowance.
- A lady's handbag, pocketbook or purse, which is appropriate to normal travelling dress and is not being used as a container for the transportation of articles which would otherwise be regarded as baggage;
- An overcoat, wrap or blanket;
- An umbrella or walking stick;
- A small camera and/or a pair of binoculars;
- A reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight;
- Infant's food for consumption in flight;
- A pair of crutches and/or other prosthetic device for the passenger's use provided that the passenger is dependent upon them.
- Wheelchairs and infants' carry baskets (these items will be stowed in the aircraft hold)
Regional Express permits the carriage of cellos and guitars in the cabin, provided the instrument does not exceed the weight limit of 20kg (25kg if you purchase a Rex Flex fare for the instrument). Passengers travelling with a cello or guitar are required to purchase a separate seat for the item which needs to be booked through our Customer Contact Centre 48 hours prior to departure.
Safe Hand Baggage is available for purchase at check-in. For more information see Safe Hand Baggage.
Please see the following links for information regarding the carriage of Dangerous Goods including Smart
Bags, Lithium Batteries, Firearms, Hoverboards and Electronic Devices.
Please refer to the Baggage Allowance Table for checked baggage limits.
- Golf equipment is considered part of normal baggage weight and can be carried free if the customer's total checked weight is within the entitled free weight allowance.
- When carried in addition to the allowance, normal excess baggage charges apply.
- The maximum permitted length is 2m due to aircraft cargo hold constraints. For longer surfboards, passengers must seek the advice of their own freight agents for separate shipment.
- As surfboards are part of checked baggage, total checked baggage weight above the passenger’s checked baggage allowance will be subject to excess baggage charges and offloads.
- When carried in addition to the allowance, normal excess baggage charges apply.
- NOTE: Wave Jet devices are forbidden for carriage on aircraft due to the capacity of the battery.
Bicycles (Non Motorised, Single Seat)
- Limited to one per customer.
- Bike boxes are the preferred method of packaging.
- If not supplied, handlebars will need to be turned in, pedals and front wheel removed from front forks and strapped to rear wheel, and chain suitably protected.
- If considered part of normal baggage weight it can be carried free if the customer's total checked weight is within the entitled free weight allowance. When carried in addition to the allowance, normal excess baggage charges apply.
- Standard checked baggage allowance for each passenger occupying a seat.
- 10kg for infants not occupying a seat.
- Snow skis are exempt from the linear restriction, however excess baggage charges will apply if the total baggage including snow skis exceeds the passenger’s checked baggage allowance.
Manual wheelchairs, electric wheelchairs, crutches and/or prosthetics for which passengers depend upon for mobility, are NOT included in the checked baggage allowance limitations.
Please see the following links for information regarding the carriage of Dangerous Goods including Lithium Batteries, Firearms and Hoverboards.
Virgin Australia Baggage Agreement
Rex accepts the through check of baggage to/from Virgin Australia flights. Please see the following link for information regarding our Virgin Australia Interline Agreement.
Acceptance of Animals
Domestic animals, with the exception of assistance animals will be accepted for check-in provided the animal is carried in a suitable domestic animal container that that is clean and secure and meets the specifications as set out in the Domestic Animal Container Requirements. Animals will be accepted as excess baggage only and charged at the current excess baggage rate per kilogram. Hoofed animals are not accepted on any Rex services.
NOTE TO ALL SOUTH AUSTRALIA, QUEENSLAND, WESTERN AUSTRALIA AND NEWCASTLE TRAVELLERS: Adelaide, Newcastle, Townsville, Perth, Brisbane and Cairns airports have advised that, with the exception of assistance animals, no animals are accepted within the terminal building. All animals must be lodged with Qantas Freight (excluding QLD regulated routes) or Dogtainers (accepts freight on QLD regulated routes) and travel as cargo. Dogtainers can be contacted on 1300 13 52 52 or through www.dogtainers.com.au.
Please be aware that Qantas Freight cannot accept live animal bookings on the day of travel and must be submitted a minimum of three business day (72 hours) prior to the scheduled time of departure. For urgent booking requests (less than three full business days before departure) please call 13 12 13.
Priority Baggage is available for purchase at the prevailing rate. This guarantees uplift of the passenger’s baggage on the flight they travel on. For full Priority Baggage terms and conditions, visit our website.
Safe Hand Baggage
Safe Hand Baggage is classified as baggage where passengers are permitted to be in possession of their baggage (other than cabin baggage) between check-in and boarding. Passengers will have full access to the contents of the Safe Hand Baggage with the exception of the duration of the flight, as Safe Hand Baggage is not permitted inside the cabin.
Safe Hand Baggage of 15kg [23kg for Rex Flex (Y class) passengers] is permitted for carriage and can be purchased at check-in with a fee of $50.00 + GST. Excess baggage charges apply for all baggage above 15kg [23kg for Rex Flex (Y class) passengers].
Safe Hand Baggage charges do not apply for passengers travelling with wheelchairs, prams and medical equipment required between check-in and boarding.
As Safe Hand Baggage is screened through airport security, its contents are subject to all cabin baggage restrictions.
The following items are not permitted as Safe Hand Baggage:
- Weapons & firearms
- Sporting goods
- Sharp things that are not weapons, but are capable (with or without modification) of causing harm by penetration
- Blunt objects that can be used to bludgeon or threaten to bludgeon someone
- Flammable goods
- Items capable of restraining someone
Regional Express will not be held responsible or liable should the airport security screening staff confiscate any item/s in your possession.
Items must not be added or removed from the Safe Hand Baggage upon check-in completion.
Safe Hand Baggage must be placed at the bottom of the stairs prior to entering the aircraft. The baggage will also be present at the bottom of the stairs upon arrival for passenger retrieval.
An excess baggage fee of $7.70 (Inc GST) will be levied for each additional kg in excess of the passenger’s checked baggage allowance or $16.50 per piece if size exceeds the linear dimension limits (as above).
Excess baggage cannot be pre-purchased as it is calculated at airport check-in.
The maximum size and weight per piece of baggage that can be accepted at our customer terminals:
- Size – 158 linear cm (Depth plus Height plus Length)
- Weight - 32kg
- Baggage in excess of 32kg (per item) will be consigned as air freight.
Please note: excess baggage will travel subject to capacity.
International Connecting Passengers
Domestic excess baggage will be offloaded first where there are weight constraints.
Back to Top | Home